To submit a position for considered posting, please e-mail a brief position description to the Iowa Public Health Association at firstname.lastname@example.org. This service is offered free-of-charge to current IPHA members (individuals and organizations). Non-members may request positions to be posted for a fee of $150. As a non-profit professional association, IPHA seeks to share career opportunities within Iowa’s public health community, and this funding mechanism helps to support this service and the mission-driven work of IPHA.
Dental Hygienist/Community Health Consultant
The community oral health consultant is a HRSA grant/I-Smile funded position deemed necessary for the appropriate scope of successful function of a state oral health program. The position will lead the I-Smile Silver pilot project, assist with implementation of the I-Smile Program, and assist with achieving HRSA grant goals and objectives regarding dentist recruitment and tele-dentistry. The position will provide leadership for increasing medical/dental and chronic disease integration initiatives to improve oral health care access. The position will be responsible for being a state oral health point of contact for assigned Title V MCH agencies in Iowa, tracking progress made with the activities, communicating progress to stakeholders as well as monitoring and evaluating the program within these agencies.
For complete job description and application, click here.View Job Posting
Will answer the main Bureau of Health Statistics customer service phone line and return voice mails within 2 hours of receipt.
Will direct customers to correct staff.
For vital records requests, will review entitlement to vital records; verify identity of person ordering and either enter application information into the vital record on line ordering system or reject the application and provide further instructions.
Will complete or resolve any vital record requests within 5 business days.
Will complete requests that may be submitted via the internet, mail, in-person or by phone.
Will be able to process requests that are mailed or accepted through the vital record on line ordering system using the phone while talking with the customer.
Will be able to enter application requests into the electronic statewide vital records cashier system.
Will be able to audit all fees accepted accurately and timely.
This position requires knowledge of entitlement as outlined by Iowa Code and Administrative Rules.
Will be able to make decisions regarding entitlement in accordance with these laws and rules.
Will review applications after processing to verify that the record printed matches the order.
Will close the application in IVES and mail completed orders immediately.
Will escalate all customer requests or concerns that are not resolved within 5 business days.
For complete job description and application, click here.
View Job Posting
Administrative Assistant 2
Under the supervision of the Deputy State Registrar and Chief of the Bureau of Health Statistics, function as the Legal Actions Office Manager to provide oversight for the Bureau of Health Statistics legal processing staff.
- Reviewing and approve/reject legal actions affecting vital records in Iowa;
- Review daily work load for seven legal processing clerk specialist staff and provide guidance and suggestions for legal actions processing to Bureau Chief;
- Evaluate and resolve operational issues associated with legal processing in the absence of the Bureau Chief;
- Provide guidance to legal processing staff to ensure tasks are completed according to established procedures;
- Complete legal actions in absence of staff to ensure proper customer service and efficient processing;
- Works with legal staff to ensure proper training has been provided and staff have implemented policies;
- Assist bureau chief who is the bureau security coordinator by assisting law enforcement or other government entities in vital record fraud inquiries and investigations. All fraud and security issues must be documented and escalated to security coordinator for review and investigation. Must train IVES users to maintain the security, privacy, confidentiality and preservation of the vital record system.
- Provides updated to Bureau Chief about legal processing and staff performance/issues along with supporting documentation if necessary;
- May be required to counsel employees on policy and training;
- Responds to calls and inquiries from clerk of court offices, legal representatives and customers as it relates to the processing of legal actions and entitlement to vital records in Iowa;
- Works directly with attorneys, law enforcement, other international, federal, state or local government/agencies or customer needing to order certified copies of vital records;
- Make vital record entitlement decision in absence of AA2 for issuance or Bureau Chief as necessary.
- Collaborates with Bureau Chief and key staff to create standard operating procedures (SOP) associated with legal actions that will be carried out by Health Statistics staff;
- Primary contact for customers who have complaints or concerns regarding legal actions, policies, practices or procedures;
- Process all government verification requests following bureau guidelines;
- Must be proficient in investigating complaints and defusing escalated situations with customers to meet customer needs while complying with Iowa statutes, administrative rules and established programs;
- Maintain issuance program work in the absence of Issuance AA2 staff;
- Coordinates and participates in the production of legislatively mandated reports;
- Fully understands Iowa Code requirements and administrative rules that pertain to the Iowa Department of Public Health, vital records, entitlement and certified copies, amendments, changes to legal documents, birth, death and marriage registration and preservation;
- Other duties as assigned.
For complete job description and application, click here.View Job Posting
Public Health Administrator
Responsible for the total operation of the agency’s programs according to approved policies, procedures and standards. Maintains the image of the agency in the communities Washington County Public Health & Home Care serves, and in state and national organizations. Keeps the agency abreast of local, state and national trends. Ensures agency compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Primary Functions: Responsible for the total operation of the agency’s programs according to approved policies, procedures and standards. Maintains the image of the agency in the communities Washington County Public Health & Home Care serves, and in state and national organizations. Keeps the agency abreast of local, state and national trends. Ensures agency compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. (See full position description for more detail).
Qualifications: A licensed physician, a registered nurse, or have training and experience in health service administration and at least one (1) year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or a related health care program.
Applications are available online at https://washingtoncounty.iowa.gov or at the
Washington County courthouse (Auditor’s office), 222 W. Main St., Washington, IA 52353.
Application deadline is Friday, August 27, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Please send resume, cover letter, and any other application materials to:
Washington County Auditor’s Office
PO Box 889
Washington, IA 52353 – OR –
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.View Job Posting