COVID-19 and Emergency Preparedness
What is It?
The COVID-19 pandemic is an ongoing public health crisis both because it directly threatens the physical health and well-being of so many individuals and communities, and also because of its effects psychological and emotional health. The immense economic toll the pandemic has taken is also a cause for concern given the known connections between economic stability and human health. The COVID-19 pandemic has also exacerbated existing health equities.
Are you ready to become a member? Sign up today!
IPHA Supports Iowa's Workforce By:
- Hosting weekly collaborative meetings for Iowa’s local public health administrators
- Advocating for state and local-level policies aimed at COVID-19 transmission prevention, vaccine planning and distribution, and enhanced funding for local public health agencies
- Creating a COVID-19 Communications Community of Practice
- Serving as a public health expert and champion in Iowa and national media
- Supporting Iowa’s state level public health department through serving on hiring committees and task forces.
- Wearing our support for public health as a sector
- Continuing to provide trainings and workshops about a variety of topics to sustain non-COVID related public health programs and practices
- COVID-19 Communications Community of Practice
IPHA Trainings and Workshops