The Iowa Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Division of Behavioral Health and Disability Services (BHDS) is seeking a knowledgeable, dynamic, professional to serve as the Project Director for the Integrated Provider Network (IPN) Grant – Prevention Set Aside, funding through the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SABG), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Responsible for day-to-day grant oversight including:
The Project Director will be instrumental in provider recruitment and planning, budget oversight, service development and delivery, training and implementation, quality improvement, policy development, and operations.
– Responsible for working as lead for Zero Suicide grant
Direct project design and implementation strategies
Continually assess and refine system gaps.
– Ensure training plan is implemented in all participating agencies.
– Ensure coordination and management of all Zero Suicide project duties.
– Collaboration with local, state and federal partners.
– Responsible for ongoing planning, dissemination, executing, and reporting.
– Develop and maintain processes to organize grant-monitoring activities; track grant requirements and maintain process to communicate non-compliance with sub-recipients.
– Maintains ongoing collaboration with the SAMHSA Evaluation contractor, Suicide Prevention Resource Center and the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
– Prepares all required reports and submits to SAMHSA, includes GPO on calls as required.
– Develops and works closely with Evaluator and SAMHSA National Evaluation Team to develop a system for the collection of data and dissemination of results.
– Develop a strong technical assistance and training system for the state.
– Lead Iowa Suicide Prevention Planning Group.
– Represents HHS with the Iowa Legislature on Suicide Issues.
– Serve as point of contact for Department on suicide-related media requests.
For complete job description and application, click here.