Director of Public Health
Cass Health seeks an innovative and creative leader to join our team as Director of Public Health, responsible for community-wide public and population health strategies for Cass County. Provides leadership, public health expertise, and essential services in a variety of settings to promote and support the public health mission for Cass County. A few key areas of responsibility:
- Manages the operations of the public health department, including human resources, finance, strategic planning, legal compliance, regulatory compliance, quality, community engagement, and employee satisfaction. Provides the department with professional and/or technical and clinical expertise.
- Responsible for all public health grant administration. Maintains compliance with all grants encompassed under Cass County Public Health, including program records according to program requirements. Assures program evaluation activities and submits reports as required. Completes all required reports, progress updates, and documentation promptly and appropriately.
- Coordinates all activities and initiatives for the Cass County Board of Health, leading efforts to support local public health vision, mission, and advocacy and encourages community involvement in setting public health priorities.
- Leads community health assessment and improvement efforts, working closely with a multidisciplinary group of community partners. Current areas of focus include mental health, childcare, housing, older adult services and support, physical fitness and outdoor recreation, healthy food access and awareness, substance misuse and addiction.
- Initiates and leads public health strategies, including investigating public health diseases, health education, immunization programs, emergency and disaster preparedness, mother and child health services, environmental health, and others.
- Provides surveillance, investigation, control, and prevention of communicable diseases, other disease prevention, health promotion, and human health hazard and nuisance control. Assumes leadership in public health emergencies.
- Champions initiatives to address social determinants of health (SDOH) and health equity, focusing on the non-medical factors influencing health outcomes. Facilitate community health equity strategies to attain the highest level of health for all people working to ensure that all individuals have full and equal access to opportunities that enable them to lead healthy lives.
- Plans, responds, and evaluates public health and community emergency drills and events as requested. Partners with community partners and others to ensure that the community and Cass Health is prepared for emergencies.
- Represents Cass Health and public health through various community groups and initiatives.
For complete job description and application, click here.