Location: Remote - Coralville office space available Company name: Iowa Cancer Consortium Job type: freelance
Community Outreach Coordinator (Black Hawk County)
- Connect African American/Black communities and organizations/individuals serving African American/Black communities in Black Hawk County and surrounding areas to cancer control training, resources, partnerships, and opportunities for input into cancer control activities and planning, and Consortium membership. Work with other organizations and individuals serving African American/Black communities in the Black Hawk County area to ensure efforts are amplified and not duplicated.
- Represent the Consortium in alignment with its brand guidelines and values.
- Provide staff support for one statewide workgroup or committee that meets regularly (typically monthly to quarterly):
- Work with workgroup (co)chair(s) and Consortium program team to set group priorities and meeting agendas.
- Communicate with workgroup/committee. Distribute agendas, minutes, and other materials.
- Arrange for speakers when needed.
- Facilitate meetings as needed in partnership with workgroup/committee (co)chair(s).
- Communicate with workgroup/committee members and distribute materials.
- Take attendance and record meeting minutes.
- Communicate workgroup activities, priorities, and needs to other Consortium staff.
- Collect and report on activities and impact.
- Recommend speakers and content for Consortium events and communication.
- Maintain honest, constructive, open, and consistent communication with Consortium teammates.
- Attend weekly virtual implementation team meeting and/or staff meeting.
- Participate in organizational short and long-term strategic planning.
- Comply with Consortium bylaws, policies, and procedures.
For complete job description and application, click here.