Location: Black Hawk County Company name: Black Hawk County Public Health Job type: full-time
Community Health Worker – Oral Health
Under general supervision, responsible for assisting in oral health services and provides assistance to families/clients in need of direct or linked services to prevent disease, protect and promote public health.
- Assists in preparing and performing dental procedures, transports and sets up equipment, and maintains adequate supplies and records for oral health services.
• Interacts with clients to discuss healthcare benefit options and eligibility.
• Links consumers to community resources, health and human services.
• Facilitates communication by phone, mail, face to face encounter (e.g. home visit, community-based agency or health department encounter); and maintains acceptable contact rates.
• Assists with delegated (direct) services consistent with education, scope of practice and credentialing.
• Assists with informing and care coordination activities for assigned program area consistent with education, scope of practice and credentialing.
• Produces and maintains documentation consistent with professional and oversight agency performance standards.
• Assists with quality improvement to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and client satisfaction.
• Provides culturally appropriate health information.
For complete job description and application, visit https://ia-blackhawkcounty.civicplushrms.com/PrivateCareerPortal/JobDetail.aspx?RequisitionId=118330&SourceId=1461